From the words of Messiah Yeshua in Mathew 24, we see that are living in times when faith is rarely found and deception is everywhere. He has counseled us to watch and pray so that we would not be deceived, and to walk on the narrow path that leads to eternal life.
Hence in these end times especially we have all the reasons to be very serious about our faithfulness to YHWH. We are to do everything we can to walk in His righteousness according to the example of Yeshua, as we are getting ready for His return.
For this reason we are organising Restoration Discipleship Training program for individual believers in Yeshua who are willing to grow in faithfulness to YHWH. The aim is to assist and support believers in a practical way on their life and faith journey, and to equip them with knowledge and skills to potentially help others who are on a similar faith journey.
We believe the most effective way for discipleship is to work in small groups as in this way the group can engage in more meaningful and deeper conversations and it can enjoy a higher level of participation. Thus the Restoration Discipleship Training group will be comprised of maximum 8-10 believers.
Restoration Discipleship Training
While the program may vary dependent on participants, at this point in time the training will involve the following elements:
A. Bible studies on different topics intended to help believers to understand and interpret the Scripture in the light of its Hebraic perspective. Among the topics are the following:
- What does it mean to be a disciple of Yeshua in our days?
- How to align New Testament writings to the Old Testament writings.
- Defining and explaining the biblical terms in their Hebraic context
- Other topics as raised by the group
B. Conflict Coaching and Reconciliation course intended to equip believers to address conflict using biblical peacemaking principles. The course will also help believers identify forms of idolatry which are revealed through conflicts.
C. Marriage Enrichment Course “Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage” intended to assist believers to overcome marriage challenges and develop strong/healthy family relationships. Believers may opt out of this course if they are not married and/or not interested in marriage relationships.
The group is intended to function as a Life and Faith Support Group where believers will have the opportunity to mutually share their life and faith challenges and encourage and support one another in an endeavour to grow in the likeness of Yeshua. That involves aiming to align our life and faith practices with those of Yeshua, the prophets, and the apostles.
The believers who will participate in this training will be expected to:
- Commit to participate to all meetings and be on time to the best of their ability
- Keep high level of confidentiality within the group
- Share from their life and faith journey with the others as they wish
- Participate in the group discussions and allow others to participate
- Contribute to identify the most important life and faith practices from the biblical perspective and be willing to adjust lifestyle if necessary in order to adopt these practices.
- Exhibit honesty, truthfulness and transparency as appropriate.
- Show respect for other opinions and do not impose their own opinions on others
- Remove himself/herself from the group if his/her conscience dictates so in a respectful manner without creating division and/or conflict within the group.
Currently the Restoration Discipleship Training program is for those based in Perth. If you are interested to find out more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Avram Iancu (listed under WA on Contacts page).
Group 1: Jun-Dec 2016
Group 2: Feb-Jul 2017
Training to commence on February 4th at 2pm and will run fortnightly on Saturday for about 6 months. The venue is Ellenbrook District Open Space on Maffina Parade, Ellenbrook. Meeting length will be discussed with the group and it is expected to be around 3 hours. The cost for hiring the venue is between $70-$100/person for the whole 6 months time, depending on the group size, or a donation as people afford. During the meetings tea, coffee and refreshments will be provided. Participants are welcome to bring a plate to share for an afternoon tea if they wish.
Group 3: Jul-Dec 2017
Taking expressions of interest for this group to run in second half of 2017.